Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ethnography

My ethnography was about trying to find a pattern in the purchasing of food at a food court based on ethnicity. I went to the Post Oak Mall food court here in College Station and watched where people ordered food from and recorded what ethnicity I believed them to be. There was four restauraunts: a japanese food place, a chinese food place, a pizza place, and Sonic. When I was finished I discovered that about twice as many white folk ordered from Sonic, the Hispanic and African American demograhics were about even across the restaurants in terms of ordering, and that Asians only ate the Asian food. So from this I concluded that maybe Asians only want to eat there own kind of food when given the option. And maybe that all the white folk going to Sonic may be because they like "all-american" food. So there is at least some semblance of a buying pattern among ethnic groups.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Too bad there wasn't a Mexican food place and a Southern Cookin' place. Would have been cool to see is the Hispanics and African Americans also divided between those places.